You may notice that removing assets from your project does not seem to lessen the size of your project file. Although the asset is removed from the Assets pane it remains within the project until the consolidate project command is used.
- From the Presenter Creator Application - Click on File in the menubar
- Select Consolidate Project
- From the Presenter Creator Application - Click on View
- Select Mark Unused Items
Mark Unused items may not highlight certain items due to their use within other parts of your project. Here's some tips on how to best uncover unused items:
Remove Outdated Day Schedules
- Right click on today's date in the Calendar view and select "Clear before Selected Day"
- This will ensure that Sedna is marking playlists and content which are no longer needed for current playback or future playback as unused
- Toggle View--> Unused Items Off and then back On to refresh the unused items view
- Remove Playlists or Arrangements which are no longer being used
- Right click a playlist or arrangement and select Delete to remove it
- If an Asset is within a playlist or arrangement it will not show as unused within the Assets Pane
- Toggle View --> Unused Items Off and then back On to refresh the unused items view
- More Assets should now be marked as unused
Find Where an Asset is used
Click the Search Icon on the right side of the Application
- Drag the Asset you wish to find into the Find Field or Type the asset name
- After cleaning up your project file it is recommended to publish the updated project file to the players.
- The project file will reduce in size on the players to match the Creator.