- Make sure you are running at least version 3.3.2 of Presenter Creator
- Download the latest version of Player for iOS App from the App Store on your device
- Note: The Player for iOS App will run in demo mode and display a~Sedna Watermark at times if not licensed
Creating a Playlist for iOS
- Import / Drag Media into your iOS Project (Note: currently only Images, Videos, HMTL, and Text Tickers are supported assets for iOS devices)
- Click the + Icon under the Arrangements & Playlists and select Playlist
- Confirm the Prompt regarding Default Content. (You can change this later by right clicking the playlist and unchecking Default)
- In the Inspector Pane - select Support Player for iOS [If you want playlist control and presentation mode check "Remotely startable."]
- Drag content from the Assets Pane into your playlist
- If your content was not designed specifically for the resolution of your iOS device you might need to adjust the scaling of the items in your playlist in order to make them size correctly. When you click on an asset within your playlist, select how your content should scale by using the Inspector Pane on the right.
You can adjust the duration within the Inspector as well
- Adjust the order of items in your playlist by dragging assets up or down
Creating an iOS Arrangement
Import / Drag Media into your iOS Project (Note: currently only Images, Videos, HMTL, and Text Tickers are supported assets for iOS devices)
- Click the + Icon under the Arrangements & Playlists pane and select iOS Arrangement
- Drag a ticker asset into the Ticker Layer (Don't have a ticker asset in the Assets Pane? Create a ticker asset by clicking the + and selecting Generator --> Text Ticker)
- Drag your content into the Content Layer
- Click the Layout Icon to switch to the layout view and adjust the position and size of the ticker
- Click and drag the corners of the ticker layer to adjust the size
- Click and drag the layer itself to adjust the position
- Fine-Positioning can be done by using the Inspector Pane on the right-hand side
Use the known iOS gestures to operate Player for iOS. Tap on the Player icon on your device to start playback. To stop playback, just press the Home button to close Player.
If Player is selected as a target in Creator and there is default or scheduled content, playback will commence right after Player starts. When a project is being published, data transfer progress is indicated in the top left corner of the display (see Figure 5). You can activate the indicator in the Player settings.
Note: To prevent Player from being stopped by users, run the iOS device in Guided Mode and deactivate Multitasking Gestures in iOS Settings.
Player for iOS has a built-in presentation mode that allows users to control
playback for presentation purposes. You can move back and forth between
individual playlist assets on your iOS device.
To activate Playlist Control, make a horizontal two-finger swipe. Enter pres- entation mode by tapping the screen symbol on the right side. Now you can move back and forth between assets. A tap on the screen might also do the job, but that won’t work on interactive HTML pages.
See section 5.2 on how to activate presentation mode in the Player settings.
Different assets run differently in presentation mode:
Image Assets: You can browse through image assets, similar to a slide show, with the provided play controls at the bottom.
Video Assets: Control video assets much the same way you can control any other video player: start a video clip, pause it, and jump to different parts of it.
Audio Assets: Control audio assets much the same way you control any other audio player, such as starting a music clip, pausing it, etc.
HTML Assets: Scan through the web pages contained in a playlist, offering you unlimited time to interact with them, provided that HTML asset interactivi- ty is enabled in Presenter Creator.
Text Tickers are disabled in presentation mode.